CCOG for VIR 104 archive revision 104
You are viewing an old version of the CCOG. View current version »
- Effective Term:
- Fall 2021 through Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- VIR 104
- Course Title:
- Imaging Equipment and Radiation Safety
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify common manufacturers of equipment and know their basic uses and functionality.
- Identify safety equipment and features.
- Identify materials for radiation safety and their proper use.
Course Activities and Design
1. Identify and list functionality of equipment via diagrams and photos
2. Identify and list safety equipment, their use and function via diagrams, photos and vender specifics
3. Identify and describe safety materials, their care and maintenance via vender specifications and unit handouts
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Complete unit packets and labeling assignments
2. List and outline safety equipment, maintenance and their care via course quizzes
3. Complete unit exam for equipment, safety and radiation safety
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Cath Lab equipment manufacturers
a. Philips, single and bi-plane
b. Siemen's, single and bi-plane
*functionality of acquisition, subtraction runs, dose changes, run-offs, physical manipulation of the room, spins (prop and roll), neuro software for 3d reconstructions, measurements of vessels, left ventricle analysis, image store, smart mask, road map, position store.
2. Safety equipment and materials
a. Lead Aprons, lead shielding, and lead eye protections
*maintenance schedule for each, along with care and cleaning instructions