CCOG for WLD 156B Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- WLD 156B
- Course Title:
- Basic Oxy-Acetylene Welding Practice
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This is a outcome based course utilizing a lecture/lab format. This course includes classroom discussions, videotapes, lab demonstrations and technical skills. Course outcomes will include theoretical concepts, layout, fabrication, welding, safety and environmental awareness, communication, computations and human relations.
Intended Outcomes for the course
•Function safely in a welding shop environment.
•Operate oxy-fuel portable and track cutting systems in accordance with industry standards.
•Weld common joint configurations using basic oxy-Fuel welds
•Use an understanding of welding codes and industry standards in the workplace.
•Interpret blueprints and shop drawings to produce proper weld sizes and profiles
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The student will be assessed on his/her ability to demonstrate the development of course outcomes designed by the instructor and student. The methods of assessment may include one or more of the following: observations, visual inspection techniques, welding tests, safe work habits, task performance and work relations.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Function safely in the PCC Welding Shop.
- Understand and practice personal safety by using proper protective gear.
- Understand and practice hand and power tool safety.
- Understand and maintain a safe work area.
- Recognize and report dangerous electrical and air/gas hose connections.
- Understand and practice fire prevention.
- Access and explain the importance of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Develop knowledge and skills in Welding.
- The instructor and the student will design the course outcomes.