Course Content and Outcomes Guide for OS 280F Effective Summer 2021
- Course Number:
- OS 280F
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Education: Administrative Assistant
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Addendum to Course Description
The student may enroll for 1, 2, 3 or 4 credits. The ratio of hours to credits will be determined by the current policies of the college and the Cooperative Education office. (30 hours of work equal one credit.) A total of 4 credits are required for the AAS: Credits may be completed a credit at a time over multiple terms.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Successfully meet work goals and objectives created with their supervisor.
- Perform tasks related to an entry-level administrative assistant position utilizing acquired classroom skills.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and staff.
Course Activities and Design
An appropriate trainee position must be obtained by the student and be approved by the teacher/coordinator. The employing organization must agree to the objectives of the cooperative education program. The student will develop a training plan with guidance from the employing supervisor and teacher/coordinator.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
A Pass/No Pass grade will be issued for this class. Evaluation of student on-the-job performance will be based on the following:
- Completion of student training plan objectives as certified by supervisor.
- Supervisor evaluation.
- Coordinator/supervisor conference(s) reviewing student's performance on the job.
- Satisfactory progress toward meeting learning objectives developed with the instructor and employer.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Interpersonal skills
- Setting job-related goals
- Job search skills
- On-the-job training
- Become aware of the importance of personal traits in performing effectively as an administrative assistant.
- Set and work toward job-related goals.
- Meet training plan objectives.
- Perform self-evaluation.