Course Content and Outcomes Guide for HIM 275 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- HIM 275
- Course Title:
- CPT Coding
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Introduces coding and classification systems for outpatient procedures and ambulatory care facilities. Prerequisites: HIM 105, HIM 107, HIM 131. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Apply outpatient procedure codes following current guidelines.
- Follow ethical coding standards of practice.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Answering theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
- Code case studies from physician offices, medical clinics, and outpatient operative reports.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
To complete the outcomes the student must have skills and knowledge in:
- medical terminology
- basic anatomy and physiology