CCOG for HEC 140 Spring 2023
- Course Number:
- HEC 140
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Family Life Education
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces an overview of the field of Family Life Education (FLE). Covers theory, methods, and contexts of family life education, including family diversity, sexuality education, and parenting education. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This course is designed for individuals interested in early childhood education, parenting education, and family life education.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify major principles and theories in Family Life Education (FLE).
- Understand the various contexts in which Family Life Education is practiced.
- Appreciate the field of Family Life Education.
- Apply the knowledge gained from course content to parenting education, human services, and early childhood education contexts.
Course Activities and Design
- Activities and tasks related to course content.
- Quizzes or exams.
- Class discussions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend and actively participate in class.
- Read all assigned chapters and materials before class.
- Actively participate in assigned class discussions.
- Complete quizzes or exams.
- Complete a research paper on a FLE topic.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Working with families across the lifespan.
- Sexuality education.
- Parenting education.