CCOG for GEO 266 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- GEO 266
- Course Title:
- GIS Analysis
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of Geography 266 the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of data preparation and manipulation.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of map principles and map design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of geodatabase design and management.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of statistical processes behind data analysis.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be expected to demonstrate mastery of themes, concepts, issues, competencies and skills by any combination of the following:
* Written results of class labs and exercises
* Map critiques
* Final project utilizing spatial analysis tools
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues:
* Vector and Raster Spatial Analysis tools
* 3D Analyst / Spatial Analyst / Network Analyst
Competencies and Skills:
* Data preparation for spatial analysis.
* Perform spatial & statistical analysis, using GIS tools
* Create and manage geodatabases