CCOG for FT 280B Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- FT 280B
- Course Title:
- Exercise Science Internship II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Students should be in their graduating term for the Exercise Science AAS degree and have current CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify and reflect on one's own skills and knowledge from exercise science courses and apply them in professional work with healthy adults, youth, and individuals with specialized requirements.
- Design and implement fitness and wellness programs or projects in a job setting related specifically to the organization, facility and/or target population.
Meet learning outcomes specific to this internship as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. On-site evaluations.
2. Written employer evaluations.
3. Written assignments and progress reports, with accompanying deadlines.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Investigate various fitness industry employment opportunities.
2. Perform exercise leadership in group and individual settings.
3. Design exercise programs for groups and/or individuals.
4. Demonstrate skills related to on-the-job cooperation, teamwork, and customer service.
5. Exhibit professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
6. Demonstrate proper and safe use and care of exercise equipment.
7. Exhibit continual improvement in job related skills.
8. Create and present a special project, including fitness promotion.
9. Gain on-the-job experience.