CCOG for CIS 287M Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- CIS 287M
- Course Title:
- Microsoft Server Security
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
On successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Design and administer a secure LAN consisting of the client and server computers.
- Utilize Install and administer various security tools
- Troubleshoot security related issues with Microsoft Server and client operating systems
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of lecture/discussion sessions, assignments, exams, and lab projects.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Through exams and lab assignments students will be assessed to determine whether they are able to:
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot security policies.
- Configure security based on computer roles.
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot patch management infrastructure.
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot security for network communications.
- Configure, deploy, manage and troubleshoot ipsec policies.
- Plan and implement security for wireless networks.
- Deploy, manage, and configure SSL certificates.
- Configure security for remote access users.
- Configure authentication for secure remote access.
- Configure and troubleshoot VPN protocols.
- Manage client configuration for remote access security.
- Plan, configure and troubleshoot authentication, authorization, and PKI.
- Plan group structure.
- Install, manage, and configure certificate services.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Security practices and policies.
- Security templates.
- Computer roles and security.
- Patch and upgrade practices.
- Secure communications.
- Ipsec, VPN and SSL.
- Wireless security.
- Remote access security.
- Authentication, authorization and public key infrastructure.
- Certificates and certificate authorities.