Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CIS 195P Effective Summer 2020
- Course Number:
- CIS 195P
- Course Title:
- PHP Web Development I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the server-side scripting language PHP and its use in the development of websites. Includes web server, PHP, and MySQL database installation. Covers scripting, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management, and e-commerce techniques. Prerequisites: CIS 133W or CAS 213. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- Install and configure required software systems and tools.
- Create dynamic PHP scripts.
- Access information in files and databases using PHP.
- Test and debug PHP scripts.
Course Activities and Design
This course is presented by means of:
- on-campus lectures or distance learning materials,
- group discussion,
- lab project assignments
- and quizzes, exams or presentations
Students will be required to use essential tools to complete the assignments in a timely and professional manner.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
· Develop, test and deploy parts of a web-based system demonstrating their mastery of the Intended Outcomes.
· Participate in on-campus and on-line discussions.
· Take quizzes and exams.