Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CAS 265 Effective Summer 2019
- Course Number:
- CAS 265
- Course Title:
- Emerging Web Tools and Trends
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores emerging tools and trends in website development and design and their applicability to employment. Prerequisites: CAS 206 and CAS 215. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Verbally and in writing discuss emerging website development and design tools and trends to determine their relevancy for future employment.
- Research emerging website development and design tools and trends to determine relevancy for future employment.
- Explore and utilize emerging website development and design tools and technologies through project-based team learning.
Ongoing, productive research in Website Development and Design.
Course Activities and Design
- Individual and group projects and presentations
- This course may include lecture and discussion formats using faculty expertise, texts, supplementary reading materials, videos, speakers, consultants, and other learning aids at the discretion of the instructor. Regular attendance at agreed meetings with the instructor and completion of assignments are essential to the successful completion of this course.
- Research individually and in groups
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Presentations of tools and trends in Website Development and Design
- Written projects such as research term papers, industry trend reports, employment analyses, and instructional manuals.
- Determination of problem solving skills, team work, and communication skills may also be included.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Website Development and Design tools
- Website Development and Design trends
- Research methodology
- Employment trends