Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CAS 180 Effective Fall 2020
- Course Number:
- CAS 180
- Course Title:
- Search Engine Optimization-SEO
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces current techniques, skills and concepts used to optimize the searchability of web pages on the Internet. Covers the creation of a tailored Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy, including on-page and off-page search engine optimization, meta data research and analysis, traffic generation, online tools and SEO software. Explores client side SEO. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create a tailored SEO plan for a new or existing website following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Use critical thinking skills to implement effective techniques for increasing and maintaining high search engine rankings.
- Employ research techniques to maintain knowledge of industry SEO standards.
Course Activities and Design
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Scored assignments
- Tests or quizzes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Search engine terminology
- Search engine methodology
- Research techniques
Create a tailored SEO plan for a new or existing website following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Create an initial written report regarding the content of a website.
- Write an SEO plan report. This includes stating the business and technology goals of the site and company to which the plan is intended.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing messages and calls to action in written content and revise the content as necessary.
- Direct instruction (+ study time) on business-related writing.
- Students will communicate ideas in writing regarding SEO and business topics.
- Students will prepare written reports.