Course Content and Outcomes Guide for CAS 110 Effective Fall 2020
- Course Number:
- CAS 110
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Web Graphics
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the creation of graphics for use on websites using industry-standard graphics editing software. Includes creating vector-based and pixel-based graphics, optimizing images for websites, selecting appropriate image file formats, and performing basic photo editing. Recommended: placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Create and optimize graphics for use on websites.
- Perform basic photo editing tasks.
- Use critical thinking skills to appropriately select image file formats for a variety of applications.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
A grade will be issued based on:
- Projects demonstrating the creation of web optimized graphics and photo editing
- Tests or quizzes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Graphics creation, including but not limited to:
- Background textures
- Transparent backgrounds
- Image optimization
- Image file formats – JPG, GIF, PNG
- Photo Editing
- Crop and straighten
- Color adjustments
- Webpage Layouts