Course Content and Outcomes Guide for APR 124 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- APR 124
- Course Title:
- Electrical Systems Operations
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use NEC requirements to discuss, explain and wire flexible cords, fixture wires, cut out boxes, and lighting devices with correct bonding and grounding methods as applied to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Solve electrical equations using trade-specific mathematical formulas. *
- Draw and interpret industrial blueprints and schematics. *
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
The instructor utilizes a lecture format to expose the students to fundamental industrial wiring and mechanisms.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.