Course Content and Outcomes Guide for APR 101 Effective Fall 2021
- Course Number:
- APR 101
- Course Title:
- LME: Electrical Theory Fundamentals
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Use the basic principles of electrical theory to discuss, explain, and calculate how electrical current flows in conductors and electrical circuits as applied to subsequent courses and the workplace.
- Solve mathematical formulas and equations of theory.*
- Calculate voltage drop.*
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations.*
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of lectures and homework utilizing the course book Standard Textbook of Electricity, The American Electrician's Handbook, and a current Code Book. Student/Apprentices are required to have a calculator with capabilities for square and square root functions.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.