Policies and Procedures for Dental Programs
Accepted applicants must provide the following before the first day of classes:
- Copy of current health care provider CPR Certification (Class must include Adult, Child, Infant CPR and Use of Defibrillator)
- Evidence of completion of Hepatitis B Vaccination Series (or signed declination form)
- Measles Mumps Rubella and Chicken Pox vaccination (or history of past disease)
- Current Tetanus (within last 10 years)
- Current Tuberculin skin test (within last year).
While in the program, students must:
- Follow all OSHA, CDC and State regulations regarding bloodborne and infectious diseases. Refer to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Table 1) for related policies. Specific PCC Infection Control Policies and Procedures are also available to applicants upon request.
- Pass a criminal history check and drug test prior to practicum and/or field training as a condition of their acceptance into a medical, dental, or community facility.