Application deadline is mid-May. (After that date, please call to check on space availability.)
The Menucha Retreat and Conference Center is nestled among the towering trees of the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area. Menucha lies 25 miles east of Portland, near the small city of Corbett. The main lodge, where you will be staying, is spectacular. Perhaps our site's greatest attraction is its surrounding 100 acres of property, which include fabulous Gorge views, hiking trails, a tennis and basketball court, swimming pool, and a volleyball court. Participants share rooms and eat family-style. Information about the retreat location is available at www.menucha.org.
Already signed up?
To make the most of your experience at the seminar, a little preparation is in order (that's right, homework). Download the Pre-Conference Homework, a brief but essential assignment.
By Car - Directions are on the website of the conference center at www.menucha.org.
By Air or Train - We provide a shuttle service to and from the Portland (PDX) airport and train station on Sunday afternoon and on Thursday after the seminar. Plan to arrive before 2 PM on Sunday and depart after 3 PM on Thursday. If you choose to arrive early or stay later to explore the area, MAX (Metropolitan Area Express) trains run from the airport to downtown and various hotels provide a free shuttle service.
Great Teaching Seminar Staff
- Jan Woodcock, Director - Psychology instructor at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Allison Gross, Marketing - English & Writing instructor, Portland Community College.
- April Ann Fong, Registrar - Biology and Environmental Science instructor at Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon.
- Linda Gerber - President of Sylvania Campus of Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon.
- Roger Davis - Humanities instructor, Red Deer College in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.