Resources for faculty and staff
Learn new media tools and get free gear for online instructors
The online student survey results show student expectations about their online class experience.
Distance Education is providing pilot access to royalty free media collections during 2016-17.
Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
- Send a Course Progress Notification (CPN)
- February 18, 2017
- Use the Course Progress Notification (CPN) to give students an early alert to their course progress.
- D2L CD update 10.6.10 for February 2017
- February 16, 2017
- The February CD update (v10.6.10) is relatively light, but has a nice update to the equation/html editor.
- Make your class activities Pulse friendly
- February 13, 2017
- You can make some small changes in your online class to make it more mobile-friendly
- View more ...