We're seeking a new women's basketball coach
PCC is seeking a Head Coach for the Women's Basketball Program, based out of our Cascade Campus. This part-time position reports to the Director of Athletics and works with campus departments, and athletic commissioners to ensure compliance with all NWAC rules. The program is seeking a coach with a history of winning records, and producing academically successful student athletes. The part-time position reports to the Director of Athletics and receives a stipend of ($6,000).
This position closes on Friday, February 8, 2019
- Recruit eligible players and assure that they are aware of the eligibility requirements and expenses of attending the college.
- Determine which players will be offered letters of intent and tuition waivers. Assure that all players understand the terms and conditions for receiving tuition waivers at PCC.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of eligibility rules, and assure that the athletic office has all the information needed for completion of eligibility forms and records.
- Assure that players complete all requirements to play and practice (e.g., completion of financial aid applications, enrollment in required courses, meeting with academic advisors, and other items in the Players Agreement).
- Work with the assigned academic advisor and athletic staff to track players’ academic progress.
- Work with athletic staff to schedule athletic events, abiding by the league schedules set up by the region commissioners.
- Transport teams to events and provide supervision before and after games; meet all scheduled obligations; work with athletic staff to manage travel money, insure safety, and promote safety and ethical behavior.
- Assure that game scores are reported to the NWAC office and local media, and that statistics, receipts, and other required paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Insure that athletes have completed physical exams and are trained and conditioned.
- Understand and comply with all basketball policies, procedures, rules and regulations, including NWAC rules related to eligibility, playing season dates, pre-game activities, travel squad size, protests, home team responsibilities, scrimmage rules and conference tournament schedule, etc.
- Teach basketball fundamentals and coach students to achieve their potential.
- Attend NWAC and Southern Region coaches meetings, including preseason and postseason Southern Region meetings.
- Promote the basketball program to student body, faculty, and community and assist the athletic department in fundraising efforts.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements: basketball coaching experience, High School or higher; bachelor’s degree; current First Aid/CPR Certification (or ability to obtain upon hiring); valid unrestricted Oregon or Washington Driver’s License; a copy of transcript from highest degree; experience teaching advanced basketball classes.
Please submit letter of application, resume, and references by Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5pm to:
Interim Athletic Director
Portland Community College
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280
PCC actively encourages minorities, veterans, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.