- Ensure an environment of success that encourages access and timely completion
- Prioritize the college’s commitment to the creation of a nationally renowned culture for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Track and evaluate Portland Community College operations and execution of the Strategic Plan.
- Be an engaged advocate for Portland Community College in:
- Governmental affairs and governmental advocacy
- In support of fundraising strategies targeting the advancement of important initiatives (e.g. Future Connect, PCC Foundation efforts, etc.)
- Continue communication between the Board of Directors and the President
- Support implementation of the strategic enrollment plan and the Achieving the Dream Initiative.
- Track data regarding efforts to enhance district-wide efforts to make PCC an employer of choice, encouraging recruitment, hiring and retaining of faculty, staff, vendors and contractors from historically underrepresented groups while promoting employee engagement and professional development opportunities.
- Increase awareness of role that PCC plays in our community through outreach and education.
- Support implementation of strategic initiatives and moving people out of poverty (opportunity and student success).