Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Strategic Goal: Ensure that the Board of Directors and the President both advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in measurable and strategic ways.
- PCC increases the recruitment, hiring and retention of employees of color.
- PCC increases the awarding of contracts to MWESB companies.
- The PCC Board of Directors will establish and implement a way of including DE & I into the policy making process and other key board functions.
Equitable Student Success
Strategic Goal: The board holds itself and the college president accountable for improving equitable student success.
- PCC improves access, retention, and completion rates for all students and reduces and then eliminates disparities in these rates for low-income students and students of color.
- Board members utilize personal and professional networks to establish new strategic partnerships that bring new resources to the goal of improving outcomes for students (e.g., resources that address student housing and food insecurity, the PCC Campaign for Opportunity, etc.)
Strategic Goal: Through the development of policy, a strong relationship with the college president and effective public advocacy, ensure that Portland Community College is well positioned to meet the current and future needs of the communities it serves:
- Engage, at the board level, in the PCC Strategic Planning Process and prepare for the board role in the next accreditation visit.
- Continue to engage in coordinated, strategic advocacy with city, county, regional, state and federal governments.
- Continue strategic oversight of critical college performance through the Audit Committee, dashboard review, budget presentations, evaluation of the president, etc.
- Evaluate the PCC President relative to his work plan.