Format for typed papers
1. Leave a one inch margin on all four sides of the paper.
2. Use 8 1/2" x 11" blank white paper.
3. Please type double-spaced.
4. Use a 12-point font such as New York or Geneva.
5. Do not type in bold or fancy fonts.
6. Type your name, the course, and the date in the top
left-hand corner of the first page (double-spaced).
7. After this, type the title in the center of the page.
8. Capitalize all words in the title except for articles and prepositions.
9. Indent each paragraph 5 spaces or 1/2 inch.
10. Do not leave extra space between paragraphs or between the title and the first paragraph.
11. Put your last name and page number on the second and following pages (right side).
Example: Gomez Page 2
Here is an example of the top half of a title page:
January 9, 2012
Lost in the Mountains
Several years ago, my family and I took a trip to Cuzco, a town
high in the Andes Mountains. A friend of my father’s was working
there as a tour guide. He took tourists from many different countries