Up-Cycling and Altering Clothing
Transform sale or thrift store garments into treasures using simple alteration and embellishments. Adjust clothes to better fit your body and style.
$10 payable at the first class to "Peggy Ross Studios."
The $10 fee covers handouts and samples you will receive during the class. The fee is due at the first class and is non-refundable.
Bring to all classes
- Sewing machine in good working order and your machine manual and attachments.
- Seam gauge (black metal with a plastic slide)*
- Tape measure
- Machine needles - universal sizes 12, 14 and denim size 16
- Hand sewing needles
- Fine 1-3/8” pins with glass heads
- Pin cushion or magnetic tray
- Shears – for cloth
- Small scissors or nippers (optional)
- All purpose sewing thread
- Chalk pencil or water soluble marking pen
- Seam ripper
- 12” ruler (optional)
- Pen or pencil for taking notes
Label equipment with your name.
Bring to second class
An up-cycling or alterations project to work on. This will be discussed at the first class.
This class is for students with basic sewing skills, proficient in the use of their sewing machines with fundamental clothing construction knowledge. Complex alterations and tailoring are not our goals, rather simple constructions and effective adjustments.