Sewing Made Easy: Aprons
Build confidence and befriend your machine! Learn basic stitches, gain skills needed to complete basic sewing projects and make an apron.
$30 payable at the first class to "Peggy Ross Studio."
The $30 covers a kit that you'll receive at the first class. The kit includes handouts, sewing samples, interfacing, elastic, and pattern. Kit fee is due at first class and is non-refundable.
Bring to all classes:
- Sewing machine in good working order and your machine manual and attachments
- Seam gauge (black metal with a plastic slide)
- Tape measure
- Machine needles - universal size 12
- Hand sewing needles
- Fine 1-3/8” pins with glass heads
- Pin cushion or magnetic tray
- Shears - one for paper and one good pair for cloth
- Small scissors or nippers
- Chalk pencil or water soluble marking pen
- One new unsharpened pencil with eraser tip
- One chopstick
- Seam ripper
- 12” ruler
- Pen or pencil for taking notes
- 1-2 large safety pins
Label equipment with your name!
Buy before the 2nd class:
- Fabric for apron: 1-5/8 yard of 45” wide fabric OR 1-1/4 yard of 60” fabric, cotton or poly-cotton woven (no knits, diagonals or stripes). Wash and iron fabric before class to pre-shrink it.
- Thread to match fabric
- Two 3/4” D rings (for apron)