Navigation BarSearchesMapsContactsPCC Home
PCC Logo

  Home >  Staff Directory  > Jessie Levine  > Student Resources


Student Resources

Financial Aid

To obtain financial aid at PCC, you must fill out the FAFSA, which stands for The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

PCC has their own website with tons of information on how financial aid works; click here to go the PCC Financial Aid website. The website also offers information on scholarships, grants, loans, and work study opportunities. If you need assistance applying for financial aid, feel free to contact me, Jessie, or visit any PCC financial aid office.

Portland Community College's federal school code is: 003213.

College Placement Testing

PCC uses the COMPASS placement Tests to gauge a student's academic strengths. For information on locations, hours, and procedures at all PCC campus Testing Centers, please click here. All students must know their G# (student identification #) prior to testing.

The Rock Creek campus Testing Center is located in Building 9, Room #118. Testing at Rock Creek is usually offered Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00am-3:00pm, and Tuesdays 9:00am-6:00pm. Students do not need an appointment for these tests (this does not include ESOL testing).

Students for whom English is not their first language should take the ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Placement Test. ESOL tests require an appointment. For an ESOL test appointment at the Rock Creek campus, please call 971-722-7300 or stop by Building 9, Room #118.

Warning: ESOL classes can fill up very quickly. Because of this, students may have to wait before getting into an ESOL class. Don't delay on getting testing and orientation completed.

Note: All students are required to have a parking permit at PCC even if they are just taking College Placement Tests.

Tutoring Services

PCC offers a variety of free tutoring services to PCC students, such as writing, math, accounting, physics, and grammar tutoring.. On-campus tutoring centers are located at Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast Center, and Sylvania. For information on tutoring at PCC, including hours and locations, please click here. You are also welcome to make an appointment with me for tutoring in math and/or writing.

Counseling Services

PCC offers free, professional counseling to all PCC students. Counselors provide academic, career, and personal counseling. A number of Counseling and Guidance classes, such as College Survival & Success, are also offered. For more information on counseling services, please click here.

Disability Services


Disability Services at Portland Community College works to ensure students who experience disability have an equal opportunity to participate in educational and co-curricular offerings. We do this by:

  • Facilitating the Accommodation Process through an individualized student-centered approach
  • Promoting Best Practices through collaboration and engagement within the community

Students are responsible for initiating the accommodation request process.  You should begin these steps immediately after you’ve registered for classes and before the term begins. To begin this process:

Jobs & Internships

Need help writing a resume? Looking for a job? The Jobs & Internships center provides assistance to both PCC graduates and PCC students who are enrolled in at least one credit. Services include developing a resume and job search skills. Please email for more information.

Cooperative education allows students to explore jobs and careers related to their college studies while earning academic credit and possibly a salary. For information on cooperative education opportunities, please click here.

Parking & Transportation

All vehicles parked on a PCC campus Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 10:00 pm, must display a valid parking permit. An all-day parking permit at PCC cost $45.00 online ($50.00 at business office) and is good for one term. Evening-only permits (valid from 4pm-10pm) are also available, each for one term and cost $35.00 online ($40.00 at business office). Permits are not required for off-campus classes.

PCC also offers a free,inter-campus shuttle service. Shuttles run between PCC campuses as well as to PSU. For information on the PCC shuttle system, click here.

TriMet Information: There are a number of buses that go to PCC campuses. For information on bus lines and a TriMet trip planner, click here.

Student Help Desk

For help with computer software support, including help with MyPCC and WebCT, students can contact the Student Help Desk by calling 971-722-8220 or emailing at For more information on the Student Help Desk, click here.

Note: If you forgot your MyPCC password, please call the Registration Office at 971-722-8888 and ask them to reset your password.

Veterans' Services

Veterans (certain dependents of veterans, Reservists and Guard members) may be entitled to educational benefits from the Veterans' Administration (VA). PCC is state approved for the training of veterans and most of the programs offered by PCC have been approved by the VA.
Before beginning your first term at PCC:
If you are using veterans benefits for the first time or are transferring to PCC, you must apply through the PCC Veterans' Services office and complete an intake interview either in person or by phone. Call the office to find out which documents to provide for the certification process at 971-722- 4502. A Veterans Specialist can help you complete your packet. You can also visit their website for more information on Veterans' Services at PCC:

Another support service available to Veterans and their families is the Portland Vet Center. Their phone number is (503) 273-5370. This office is not run by PCC; instead, it is a community-based arm of the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). The Portland Vet Center offers a wide range of support services, including counseling and referral services.

Other important phone numbers for Vets:

Portland VA Medical Center
(503) 220-8262 (direct line to VA mental health clinic)

VA Regional Education Office
(888) 442-4551 or go to their website at

Veterans Administration

(800) 827-1000 or go to their website at

Military One Source
24/7 resource for Active military, Guard, Reserves, and their families. Counseling, money matters, deployment, etc.

Returning Veterans Resource Project NW
(503) 402-1717
Not connected to the VA at all!! (This means the VA will have no record of an individual using this resource) Services also available to families.

Library Services

PCC's libraries offer many resources and services, including student multimedia lab workstations, computer printing, research assistance and tools, and wireless network access. Each of PCC's main campuses, Cascade, Rock Creek, and Sylvania, all have their own libraries. The Rock Creek Library is located in Building 9 on the second floor. Their phone number is 971-722-7413. For more information on all of PCC's library services, please visit their website at


Trade Act & NAFTA Student Resources

In 2002, the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) were consolidated when the Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act of 2002 was signed into law. The new law provides benefits and services to workers affected by increased imports or shifts in production outside of the United States. The law adds some benefits that were not previously available but also changed many of the deadlines and rules for eligibility.

The goal of the Trade Act Programs is to help trade-affected workers return to suitable employment as quickly as possible by providing a variety of services and benefits. One of these benefits is training opportunities, which can include college education. Check with your Trade Act Representative if you are unsure of what benefits are available to you or how to access those benefits.

 Your Trade Act Representative is the only person who can approve your educational plan.

Trade Act Information
For more information on Trade Act, please go to Worksource Oregon's Trade Act page by

Trade Act Paperwork
Often Trade Act students are asked to find out information about wages and job positions. Oregon's Labor Market Information System (OLMIS) can be helpful in obtaining this information. To go to their website, please go to

Getting Started as a Trade Act student
If you are a Trade Act student and have already decided on an educational goal, you can begin the process by becoming admitted to PCC and taking the placement tests at PCC.





email this page | print this page | back to previous page

Other SearchesMapsContactsPCC Home Navigation Bar
Errors, updates or improvements for this pageSite Contents Footer Image