Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Urban League of Portland
Visit the organization web site: http://www.ulpdx.org/index.html
- What We Do
The Urban League of Portland helps empower African Americans and others to achieve equality in education, employment and economic security.
The Urban League of Portland is committed to serving the greater Portland metropolitan area (Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties in Oregon and Clark County, Washington). We are a viable and sustainable organization that provides assistance to African Americans and others in achieving equality in education, employment and economic security.
- Equality: We believe that all people should have equal access to the same opportunities. We will ensure there is equal opportunity to achieve equality in education, employment and economic security. We will openly address discrimination. We will reflect the voices, experiences and interests of our community.
- Mutual Respect and Trust: We will create an open environment, where acceptance and dignity are experienced by all.
- Excellent Service and Staff: We will ensure a positive impact in our community; we continually strive for excellence in the quality of the programs and services we provide for all those we serve. We support, develop and encourage quality staff to accept full accountability to lead our service delivery.
- Collaboration: We believe in collaborative partnerships that transcend all cultural boundaries for the overall improvement of our community and constituents.
- Integrity: We are honest, accountable and consistent in our commitments to all of those with whom we interact.
- Improve the fiscal strength and sustainability of the organization.
- Develop and improve services that enhance the community.
- Increase overall organization performance and accountability.
- Improve public relations and communication both internally and externally.
- Increase partnerships with businesses and other organizations throughout the greater Portland metro area.
- Opportunities for service with us
Volunteer your time – Volunteer your time as a fundraiser, designer, accountant, web developer, board member, mentor, pie baker to the Urban League. We also need people to help with administrative work, and people to help with events. Your time can be worth even more than money. For more information on short or long-term volunteer projects, please call (503)280-2600.
- Preferred way to contact:
- Bus Service
- None entered