Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Portland Farmer's Market
Visit the organization web site: http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/
- What We Do
The EverGreen Campaign: Beginning in 2010, Portland Farmers Market will undertake the EverGreen Campaign, a new effort to reduce our waste. EverGreen is ambitious, and with your help it will move us one giant step closer to our goal of creating a sustainable food system.
- Opportunities for service with us
The Volunteers: We need individuals who are committed to sustainability and eager to educate others.
We seek volunteers in three focus areas:
1. Garbage Gatekeepers to staff waste management stations at the Saturday PSU Market and to provide guidance to shoppers about how to shrink their personal waste footprints. You will help us ensure that waste goes where it belongs and shoppers leave the market better able to make good waste decisions.
2. Buzz Builders to spread the word about EverGreen. This involves creating content for our electronic media outlets, including PFM’s electronic newsletter, Twitter account, blog, and Facebook fan page. This a great opportunity for writers and photographers.
3. EverGreen Educators to be a resource at the market for shoppers who want more information about EverGreen and waste management. This involves tabling at the Saturday market to distribute EverGreen materials and answer questions. You will be the face of EverGreen at the Saturday PSU Market.
- Bus Service
- On bus mall, Streetcar, and MAX Green line