Cascade Library 106
This room is reserved primarily for library instruction. If you would like to collaborate with a librarian for an instruction session, please send your request and a librarian on your campus will contact you.
Please contact Debbi Lomax if you would like to reserve the library classroom for a different use which does not require a librarian. You may not reserve the room more than one week in advance unless it is for library instruction.
If you need to find a room at your campus, please use Room Scheduling.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
ESOL Reading 40, Mahoney *rb
Instructor's Name: Cherise Frehner Mahoney
Instructor e-mail: email@example.com
Instructor's Phone: 5747
Instructor's Location: Cascade
Refer to me as:
Preferred contact: e-mail
Course no. or title: ESOL Reading 40
Course CRN: 42421
# of students: 12
ADA provisions needed: no
Preferred Date: 2012-10-22 (? I think she means 10/23; T/Th class)
Alternate Date: 2012-10-30
Preferred Time: 10:30 am
Alternate Time: 11:00 am
Duration: other minutes
If other: 30
Do you need time to discuss non-library matters with your class on the day of
library instruction? No
If yes please specify:
Assignment description and sample topics:
1. The materials in the library are arranged by
2. For how long can you check out a book?
a. one month
b. three weeks
c. one term
3. Who should you ask when you have questions in the library?
a. other students in the library
b. a Reference Librarian
c. we shouldn’t ask questions because we have to be quiet in the library.
4. The computers in the library are for
a. PCC employees only
b. homework only
c. all students’ use
5. What do you need to provide to the librarian to take home material from
Use the PCC Library website. http://www.pcc.edu/library/ Answer the
6. When is the Cascade library open?
7. Search Kansas prairie in “Search, All”. Write down information about
one of the materials you found by doing this search.
Students will be able to (check all that apply):
- Perform an efficient search of the library catalog for books and other
materials (15 minutes)
- Physically locate items and other resources (brief library tour ) (15
Note that this is a low-intermediate English for Other Language Learners class. The presenter should avoid colloquial speech, euphemisms, jokes, and banter. Instructor will appreciate the humor, but the students will not respond to it.
I really appreciate all the work you do!
Posted by: Library Web Event