Placement Testing and Orientations
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Sylvania Campus ESOL and College Placement Test
Sylvania Campus: 12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219
Testing Office Location: College Center Building, room 216
Description: No appointment is necessary for the College Placement
Test or the ESOL (English as a Second Language/
English as a Non-Native Language) Placement Test.
* Please fill out the Application for Admissions
Form and turn it in to the Office of Admissions
if you have never been a student with PCC before.
The form can be found online at
* All testing requires valid photo ID without
exception as well as your student identification
number ("G" number).
* The testing period ends one hour after we stop
admitting students: please budget your time
* Average time to complete the standard placement
test is two hours. Average time for the ESOL
placement test is two and a half hours.
* A New Student Orientation is required for new
students who have taken the placement test.
In Person Orientation: The schedule is posted on
* If you have previous college credit, bring an
unofficial transcript for Advisor Review (CC216)
before you test. However, your official
transcript must be sent to
Portland, OR 97280
* If you are 15 years old and younger you must see
Advisor Jo Lynn Dow (CC216) before you start
* DO NOT bring calculator, pencils,
paper, dictionary, drinks, or food to the Testing
Center. Testing materials will be provided.
* Placement Test preparation materials can be found
* For more information about this type of testing,
Posted by: Lee Miller