Introduces students to Indian literature in English (for the most part, translated) from ancient to contemporary. May include such works and authors as hymns from the Rig Veda, The Ramayana, classical poetry, and the twentieth century authors Narayan, Ved Mehta and Arundhati Roy. Prerequisite: WR 115 and RD 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- See book specifics below. For your information, we will start reading The Dark Room first, then the Ramayana, then the Recognition of Sakuntala, and finally The White Tiger.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- R.K. Narayan's The Dark Room -- either can be found on-line in previous editions or in the bookstore with other Narayan novels (ISBN13: 9781400044764) ; William Buck's translation of The Ramayana (ISBN13: 9780520272989); The Oxford translation of The Recognition of Sakuntala (ISBN13: 9780192839114)and Adiga's The White Tiger (ISBN13: 9781416562603).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|44478 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Bryan G Hull
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania