Introduces age-related health issues in social and cultural context. Includes the social structuring of age, health and illness; demographics and patterns of health and illness of diverse older adults; issues related to medical and healthcare services; health and long-term care policy and programs. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- SOC231 Sociology of Health and Aging is required for the AAS Degree in Gerontology and the Gerontology Certificate (44 credit). It also fulfills Social Science General Education and cultural literacy requirements. The course provides an introduction to age related health issues in social and cultural contexts. Topics include the social structuring of age, health and illness; demographics and patterns of health and illness of older adults; issues related to medical and healthcare services; and health and long-term care policy and programs. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login. Students new to distance learning and D2L are required to complete the Online Orientation to D2L. Students are encouraged to attend the Spring Term Gerontology Orientation on Monday, March 28th, from 5 to 7pm in TCB107. The orientation will also be recorded.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Because this is an online course, I communicate with students via our D2L course and via email listed in the course class list and via firstname.lastname@example.org. Check the Course Calendar for scheduled assignment dates and deadlines, and use either email address to let me know if/when we need to confer by telephone. Please feel free to contact me by email with any questions about this course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|20849 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: Mike A Faber
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania