Provides activity professionals the knowledge and skills to work with older persons in long term care, adult daycare and community-based programs. Meets Federal Standards and Scope of Practice Guidelines for activity directors/life enrichment coordinators, as regulated in Assisted Living Facilities, Long Term Care Facilities and Alzheimer's (Memory Care) Units. Prerequisites: GRN 165 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is one of a two part class that meet the requirement for National Activity Professional Certification by the National Certification Council of Activity Professionals. Most students find this an interesting and productive learning experience as they are doing work that is directly related to future employment. The 7 assignments/practicums provide not only real life /time experience but also provide excellent employment portfolio examples of on the job experience. Text for this class GRN265 are Long Term Care for Activity Professionals, Social Service Professionals and Recreational Therapist and the Professional Activity Manager and Consultant - these two texts will also used in GRN 266
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class requires that the student do an internship study at a Long Term Care / Rehab Skilled Facility, an Assisted Living Facility or an Alzheimer's Facility. The student should plan academic study / reading time and internship time in a facility where they will complete 7 assignments/practicums directly related to the activity professional career. Each reading lesson will require that you answer questions related to the reading to show material is understood and your working knowledge is adequate to past the national testing. This meets the National standards for time as set by NCCAP. Students will be responsible for finding a sponsoring facility and mentor at that facility, assistance in securing a facility will be offered by the instructor but responsibility for contacting and presenting request for sponsorship will be completed by the student.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|25750 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: Connie M Ratti
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania