Introduces the history of India and the South Asian region. Includes political, diplomatic, economic, social, religious, and cultural themes from pre-history to modern times. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello Good Students: Welcome to History of India! India is second only to China in population and in a few years will likely be the most populous country in the world! It's good to know about it, and I'm glad you're interested. See the course info below, and realize it looks more daunting all at once than it will one week at a time. I look forward to seeing you on line. Sylvia
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text(s) Trautmann, Thomas R. 'India: Brief History of a Civilization.' Oxford University Press, Inc., 2011. ISBN 978-0-19-973632-4 'The Ramayana.' Trans. R. K. Narayan. NY: Penguin, Edition 06.(other versions are acceptable) ISBN 9780143039679 Peebles, Patrick, Ed. Voices of South Asia: Essential Readings from Antiquity to the Present.Armonck, NY, 2012. ISBN: 9780765620729 [Note: there may also be a few primary source required web readings throughout the modules.] Activities, Assignments and Assessments: Two essay exams; Essay on 'The Ramayana'; Discussions online; Short responses to readings;Scholarly Article Response Paper; Choice between a book review and a service-learning project
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|42606 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Sylvia H Gray
Notes: Community-Based Learning Option - www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania