HIM283 Health Information Systems
Introduces the history and current status of information systems in health care: information architectures, administrative and clinical applications, evidence-based medicine, information retrieval, decision support systems, security and confidentiality, bioinformatics, information system cycles, the electronic health record, key health information systems and standards, and medical devices. Teaches strategies and tools to insure the development and/or selection of health information systems. Discusses the role of healthcare information and communication technologies in healthcare delivery including their role in improving the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare delivery. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course is only open to students accepted into the Health Information Management (HIM) or Health Informatics (HI) programs. There are no prerequisites but HIM students must be in the second year of their program.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Textbook: Introduction to Computer Systems for Health Information Technology, Second Edition. Nanette B. Sayles and Kathy C. Trawick, AHIMA. ISBN: 978-1-58426-393-7
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40977||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Bonnie M Altus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade