CIS284 Network Security
Continues exploring the role of network administrator. Focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain system security and to install, configure and maintain a local area network with common internet applications. Emphasizes the use of Open Source software and CompTIA's Security+ content. Prerequisite: CIS 240M or CIS 279L or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- CIS 284 Network Security is intended as an introductory course in security for today's information society. This course will cover the fundamental background knowledge and terminology that will enable you to understand more than the average computer user about information security, and enable you to continue study in this field if you desire to.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You are expected to already have some experience using a computer, including: booting up, using Windows, keyboard, mouse, using productivity software (Office) Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, managing files and folders, and using the Internet and Internet Browser
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||41994||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 10-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Sue S Sampson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania