CG191 Exploring Identity & Diversity
Introduces the impact of diversity and social justice on human development as they relate to the experiences of college students. Explores different facets of identity development and how one's culture impacts their college experience. Includes developing cultural competency and skills beneficial for success in college and in a diverse society. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The experiential nature of this course will provide you an opportunity to explore the different facets of identity development, how culture plays a role in your college experience, and how it impacts you personally. I've taught this course for a number of years and each time I teach it, I learn something new. My approach to teaching this course is that I'm a guide and facilitator. I will be here to guide you on your journey, but you must be prepared keep an open mind about your path and to do the walking
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There is one textbook required for class and you will need it for the first week of the term: Building Cultural Intelligence (CQ): Nine Megaskills, by Richard D. Bucher. To date there is only one edition available so use all your resources to find a copy of the text.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43323||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Adrian J Rodriguez
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade