RE252 RE: Property Management
Emphasizes functions and responsibilities of managers of real property. Includes applications of contract and agency law, and statutory materials concerning landlord and tenant, anti-discrimination, and fair credit reporting. Satisfies Oregon State property management license pre-licensing requirements. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- RE 252 introduces students to the field of property management and fulfills the mandatory 60 clock hours of pre-licensing education that is required prior to taking the Oregon Property Manager licensing examination. The class is taught entirely online, no on-campus classtime. There are no required on-campus requirements other than for the final examination. For students out of the Portland area an alternative examination will be used. Learning outcocmes include familiarity with the Oregon Statues and Administrative rules related to property management, knowledge of fundamental rules relating to property management activity. Knowledge of the Oregon Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. Knowledge of property management economics, as well as the many other roles and duties of the property manager. Jan Sams Probstfield is the Instructor. She holds a Principal Brokers license in Oregon and Washington. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management and holds the Certified Property Manager Emeritus designation from IREM. She has over 30 years experience in the real estate industry; active in consulting, sales and property management.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: Property Management by Robert C. Kyle, 9th edition. ISBN# 978-1-4277-4790-7. An earlier edition is permitted as are E-books. This is primarily a self-paced course, with some homework deadlines during the term. The homework consists of text reading and lesson material reading with required homework. There is a midterm and a final examination.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40895||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Jan L Probstfield
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania