Introduces legal and policy issues affecting older adults and their families, as well as care providers. Introduces both national and state policies that impact the services and care available to older adults and access points for these services. Includes presentations from a variety of experts within the field of social services. Provides information on long-term care facility types and how they are licensed; Medicare and Medicaid services and coverage; mental health and veteran's services; abuse and protective services; legal planning for aging, including health care directives and powers of attorney; and advocacy and the legal process in Oregon. Focuses on how each program contributes to a web of services for older adults, as well as areas in which services may be lacking. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|45427 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Roger A Anunsen
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania