FP137 Fire Protection Systems
Covers features of design and operation of fire alarm systems, water-based fire suppression systems, special hazard fire suppression systems, water supply for fire protection, and portable fire extinguishers. Prerequisites: FP 112, MTH 60, WR 115, and RD 90 or equivalent placement test scores. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The book used in this class is: IFSTA Fire Detection and Suppression Systems 4th Edition Learning outcomes are: Describe the significant historical events that have influenced fire protection technologies. List the various classes of fire and describe the appropriate methods of extinguishment. List the major types of alarm systems and describe the purpose and function of their major components. List the major types of sprinkler systems and describe the purpose and function of their major components. List the major types of standpipe systems and describe the purpose and function of their major components. List the major types of chemical systems and describe the purpose and function of their major components. List the major types of explosive suppression and ventilation systems and describe the purpose and function of their major components. Describe the value of automatic sprinkler systems in providing life safety and property protection. Demonstrate connecting to an FDC and the changing of a flowing sprinkler head.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- FP 111, RD 115, Wr 121
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||14957||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 20-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Dennis C Katz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade