Provides fundamental knowledge relating to the field of fire prevention. Includes history and philosophy of fire prevention; organization and operation of a fire prevention division; use and application of codes and standards; plans review; fire inspections; fire and life safety education; and fire investigation. Prerequisites: WR 115 and MTH 60. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Thinking about a career in fire prevention? Or, just want to learn more about keeping you and your family and friends safer! This course will provide you the tools and knowledge that will help prevent a fire from happening, and how to correctly respond should it happen.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook we will be using is... Robertson's Introduction to Fire Prevention, 8th edition Authors: Mike C. Love & James C. Robertson Prentice Hall; ISBN - 10: 0-13-384327-0, ISBN - 13: 978-0-13-384327-9
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|10520 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: David S Sauerbrey
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade