Introduction to diverse conditions of students with special needs in public schools. Identifies and defines the following disabilities: learning disabilities, emotional and behavior disorders, mental retardation, severe and multiple disabilities, autism, health impairments, physical disabilities, communication disorders, vision impairments, hearing loss, and traumatic brain injury. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course is designed for you to access the class and complete assignments at your convenience. Assignments are due weekly and participating in online class discussions is an important component of this class. Assessments are done through submitting response papers instead of traditional quizzes or tests.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- A book that has been selected by the department is used as a key source of learning for this course. Students will also participate in a three hour disability simulation experience/assignment as a part of this class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|20879 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: Laraine R Adams
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade