Examines the similarities and differences in masculine and feminine communication styles and patterns. Discusses the differences between sex and gender and the impacts on perception, values, stereotypes, language use, nonverbal communication, power and styles of conflict management in human relationships. Covers the influence of both interpersonal and mass communication on the social/cultural construction of gender identity and gender roles. Offers strategies for improving communication in gendered relationships. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please note that this is a condensed 8-week course. The same amount of material will be covered with the same amount of work as in a 10-week course. There are weeks where you will be completing two modules.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: Gender Speak: Personal Effectiveness in Gender Communication(5th ed.), Pearson, ISBN 9780205825479 You may purchase or rent the textbook at the PCC Sylvania Bookstore in person or online. You may also visit www.coursesmart.com to rent the eBook for a 180 day subscription.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34910 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 15-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Chris N Kernion
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania