CIS233J Java Programming II
Covers the use of Java to access databases and files including XML. Includes creating collections and arrays and using inheritance in Java programs. Prerequisites: CIS 133J. Prerequisites/concurrent: CIS 275. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook is 'Objects First With Java'. Barnes and Kolling. 5th edition. The textbook is required and students should have the book on the first day of class. (Note: Only the 5th edition of the book will work for this class. Earlier editions are not supported for this course.) Software required for the course: Java SE 6 JDK (or higher version) and BlueJ are required for the course. Both are free. To install the software I recommend using the CD that comes with the book. More detailed instructions about installing these two pieces of software will be given at the course website at the start of the term.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
This page includes limited results. See all available sections for this class.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40975||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Terry V Foty
Notes: See: http://spot.pcc.edu/~tfoty/
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania