Provides an overview of current topics in Bioscience Technology. Includes recombinant DNA technology, bioremediation, forensics, genetically modified organisms (GMO), stem cell technology, pharmaceutical drug discovery and medical devices as well as ethical and legal issues surrounding biotechnology today. Recommend: BI 112 or BI 211 or equivalent. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Current Topics in Bioscience Technology, BIT 102!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The bookstore lists a required book (Thieman) that is more technical and an optional book that is written in a simple language. If you have not had Biology 112 or 211 consider the 'Demystified' book to make the reading of the required textbook easier. You will also need access to D2L through myPCC.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|31516 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 29-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Kendra M Hill
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek