CAS208 Begin. Photoshop for the Web
Introduces image editing features of Adobe Photoshop to create and refine graphics for websites. Introduces image editing techniques and export options for the web. Emphasizes using the Photoshop interface efficiently to produce web images and assets. Recommended: MM 120. Prerequisite: CAS 111D or CAS 111E or CAS 206 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
Welcome to CAS208 Beginning Photoshop for the Web!
Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard for many years, is an incredibly sophisticated program for enhancing photographic images and for creating web graphics.
This course is designed for Photoshop CS6 (ver. 13.0). The current version is Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) which is available as a monthly subscription. Adobe offers an additional download for CS6 once Creative Cloud has been purchased. If you use Photoshop CC, you may find differences that are not addressed in this course.
This course is accessed through Desire2Learn (D2L) which is the Learning Management Software that PCC uses to deliver online courses. You will find a link to D2L at https://my.pcc.edu.
There are 9 projects for this course. Each project will be uploaded to the Student Web Server as a separate web page. The final project is to create your home page for the course using buttons that you design in Photoshop, with links to the previous 8 projects . To see the results of the projects, preview an Example of the Projects.
- Course Specific Requirements:
If you do not possess the prerequisite skills you may have a difficult time completing this course. Before taking this course you should be able to:
- Create a web site and upload to a web server
- Add a Title to the page
- Insert rollover images
- Insert Alternate text
- Create table or div layout
- Make hyperlinks to images and HTML pages
- Create folders on the server
- Use Dreamweaver, FileZilla or another FTP program to upload
You may use any web editor of your choice, including Dreamweaver, Notepad, etc. to create the web pages for the projects. You may also use whichever program you choose to FTP the files to the server. Those skills and programs are not taught in this course.
Text (Suggested Reading)
The book is not required to complete the projects for the course, however, it is a resource for students who prefer a reference.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
By: Adobe Creative Team
Publisher: Adobe Press
Pub. Date: May 22, 2012
Enjoy your course!
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30248||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Linda M Wettengel
Notes: Photoshop CS6 - Class meets for 10 weeks
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania