CAS110 Intro to Web Graphic-Fireworks
Introduces the basic features of Adobe Fireworks. Includes basic drawing and photo manipulation tools and creation of graphics for websites. Recommended: CAS 111D or CAS 111E or CAS 206 or equivalent; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
Fireworks is a web graphics program in the Adobe Suite. With Fireworks you can create and edit images for use in web pages, social media, blogs, and email.
See you online!
Linda Wettengel, Instructor
- Course Specific Requirements:
You will need a computer with Fireworks CS6. The current version of the suite, Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), includes access to Fireworks CS6. The software may be purchased online from Adobe.com or from the PCC bookstore. You may use the software in a one of the PCC campus computer labs. Hours for the Student Computing Centers (SCC) can be found at http://www.pcc.edu/resources/computer-labs/.
Course assignments are in the textbook, which comes with the data files (but does not include software). The data files are also available from the course website, so you may purchase a used textbook.
Adobe Fireworks CS6 Classroom in a Book
Adobe Press (ISBN-13: 978-0321822444 or ISBN-10: 032182447)
The course is divided into 4 weekly Learning Modules. For each module, you need to read through the instructor's notes in Desire2Learn, then complete the required hands-on assignments. All assignments must be submitted to the Desire2Learn Dropbox. At the end of the course, you will also complete a Final Project that encompasses the skills learned in class.
This course is a 1-credit course which means you can expect to spend 20 hours working on the course material plus an additional 10 hours of study and practice. This is a total of 30 hours of work; expect to spend 5-10 hours per week on this course. Plan accordingly so that you can be successful and make the most of this learning opportunity!
Remember, the drop deadline for 1-credit courses is BEFORE the first day of class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||33998||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 23-Jul-2014|
Instructor: Linda M Wettengel
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania