CJA112 Intro Crim Just Sys - Courts
This course focuses on the United States criminal court systems including state, federal and miscellaneous other jurisdictions. It covers roles and functions of participants in the adjudication process including the prosecutor, defense attorney, defendant, victim, judge, jury, police and more. Also examined various criminal court procedures from arrest and arraignment through trial and sentencing. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CJA 112, Courts. For those seeking a career within the criminal justice community, or for those wanting to know about how the US Court system works, you will find this course informative and the textbook a great resource. You will explore the history of the US Court system; the responsibilities and functions courts have at the Federal, State, and local level, along with defining the players who are associated with daily courtroom activities and their roles.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students are required to take the Course Informational Quiz before gaining access to weekly discussion topics. Course materials open each Friday @ 12:01 am, and close the following Friday @ 11:59 pm. There are five tests, and a term paper required for this course. Prerequisites: WR 121 Students who are not on the wait list will not be accepted after the first week of class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||33093||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 05-Sep-2014|
Instructor: W.F. F Grace
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade