Covers the 90-year history of jazz, a truly American art form. Examines and analyzes eras, styles, and significant artists. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Music 205 - History of Jazz - CRN 30243 Required Text: Discover Jazz by John Hasse and Tad Lathrop - Pearson Education, Inc. 2012, ISBN 978-0-13-602637 with MyMusicLab. Available at the PCC Bookstore or at: www.coursesmart.com (ebook version) If you purchase a used text be sure that it includes the 2 music CD's Covers the History from Pre-jazz, Blues, Ragtime, New Orleans Traditional, Chicago, Kansas City, New York, Swing, Bebop, Hard-bop, Mainstream, West Coast, Free, Jazz-Rock, Fusion, Latin and the Contemporary Scene ---- Course is entirely online
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Weekly Assignments and Discussions, Mid-term and Final Exams plus a short Project Paper or Review of a Live Performance.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30243 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 15-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Walter E Carr
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek