Focuses on natural processes that create physical diversity on the earth. Includes weather and climate, vegetation, soils, landforms, ecosystems, their distribution and significance. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- I would like to welcome you all to our summer 2015 GEO 210: Natural Environment. Some of you may not be very familiar with the PCC online teaching/learning system, but I assure you that you will learn fast and will do just fine. If this is your first online class, I suggest that you go through our Online Learning Orientation located at: http://www.pcc.edu/about/distance/ and click on New Students on the left side of the page.
If you need technical help dont hesitate to contact the Student Help Desk: (503) 977-8222 or 1-866-922-1010 x8222. They are paid to help you and will be happy to do so. For questions regarding your textbook availability please contact the PCC Book Store at: http://www.pcc.edu/resources/bookstore/. Your required textbook is also available in digital version or through rent for a cheaper price.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Below, I have listed your textbooks for the course. Please get your required book prior to beginning of the term. You are responsible only for our required book; the other books are optional and can be used for doing your optional extra credit article reviews.
Robert Christopherson, Elemental Geosystems (7th edition), Prentice Hall; 2012 (ISBN: 0132698560). 8th edition is fine as well
RECOMMENDED READING:Richard Eathorne, Annual Editions: Environment 13/14, McGraw-Hill/Dushkin; 32 Edition, (ISBN: 978-0073515625)
Jess C. Porter and Stephen O'Connell, Encounter Physical Geography: Interactive Explorations of Earth Using Google Earth, Prentice Hall, 2013 (ISBN: 978-0321672520)
Daniel Quinn, Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit, Bantam, 1995 (ISBN: 0553375407)
P.S. This is a totally online course, so there is NO in-person Orientation or any other such meetings. The D2L (Desire to Learn) web site for the course will become available to you on Monday June 22. See you online.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30445 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 25-Jul-2015|
Instructor: Masoud Kheirabadi
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek