ESOL153 Grammar 1
Includes the identification and practice of the following grammatical structures: subject-verb agreement, question and negation structure, verb tenses, sentence patterns, and sentence types. This elective class is designed to reinforce concepts in both oral and written contexts. Does not replace courses in the core curriculum. Prerequisites: Placement in ESOL 40/40N and ESOL 42/42N and ESOL 44/44n or higher. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Each week, students will complete lessons, short homework assignments, and quizzes identifying and practicing different grammatical structures: subject-verb agreement, question and negation structure, verb tenses, sentence patterns, and sentence types. This elective class will help with understanding English grammar in both oral and written situations. These lessons will appear directly on the homepage during the week they are due, and they are also available by clicking 'Content' on the course navigation bar. New lessons will appear weekly as we move through the course.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students need to place into ESOL 40/40N ESOL 42/42N and ESOL 44/44N or higher. Students who take ESOL 153 should be able to access the internet at least three times a week. Students should also be able to type and access email. Students will need to have access to either speakers on their computer or a personal headset in order to listen to videos. There is no textbook for this class, but there is a packet containing the PowerPoint slides, which you can download and print out from our Desire2Learn course page.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||14351||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Rosemary K Zhang
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek