Introduces MS Project, including building entry tables, generating reports, resolving resource and time conflicts, importing data, and tracking budgets. Includes the design and creation of accurate Gantt charts for use in project management. Recommend: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; experience with project management or MSD 279; working knowledge of Windows and file management. This course is part of the Project Management series of classes that includes MSD 279, BA 255, and CIS 245. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Beginning MS Project CRN: 41983
This is a beginning MS Project course. We will cover the basics of Microsoft Project by going through a guided step by step process followed by project assignments that apply the learning.
We strongly recommend that you have some experience with project management or MSD 279 and a working knowledge of Windows and file management.
Please Note: If you do not have some working knowledge of project management, this course will likely be difficult for you.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text:
Chatfield, Carl & Johnson, Timothy (2013). Microsoft Office Project 2013 Step by Step. Microsoft Press . ISBN: 978-073569116
The 2013 version of the text is critical so do not purchase a prior version.
We will be using MS Project for this course but you will not need to purchase it. You will be provided with information on how to get your software and install it when class begins.
Please Note: MS Project does not have a version for the Mac so if you are a Mac user, you will either need to find a Windows PC or you will need to be able to run a virtual Windows environment on your Mac.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|41983 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Debbie S Austin
Notes: MS Project 2013.
Tuition: credit Fees: $12.00
For information, contact Sylvania