This course uses extensive research writing to develop skills in critical analysis and documented argument. Students synthesize their considered response to designated text(s) and/or issues with the reactions of other writers. Students gain experience locating and using sources via library catalogs, professional databases and other forms of research. Includes paraphrasing, summarizing, quoting, and documenting, using style appropriate to discipline researched. At least two conferences required. Prerequisite: Completion of WR 122 with a grade of "C" or higher. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Our OPTIONAL text is Bruce Ballenger's _The Curious Researcher_. If you have not written a research paper in some time, you may want to purchase it. Older editions are fine. You are NOT required to purchase this text.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- At PCC, WR 222 requires BOTH WR 121 and WR 122.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|43408 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 10-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Laura E Sanders
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania